Monday, April 20, 2009

Irony on steel

It didn't happen today or even last week.  But it's happened before and it always makes me smile and giggle a little to myself.

I have made mistakes while driving thereby unintentionally upsetting the driver behind me.  On these rare occasions, I have been given the sweet gift of said drivers' middle finger.  This token of anger is sometimes accompanied by a jump-inducing honk of the horn as well.  I tend to shrug and smile and apologize via wave to the red-faced driver as they pass me with their accelerator jammed to the floorboard.  

As the driver passes me with horn honking, middle-finger-waving hatred, there is undoubtedly a Jesus fish proudly displayed on the back of the car to the side of the license plate.   I shake my head quickly, raise my left eyebrow and think that is some ironic shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment