Thursday, June 11, 2009

Outsmarted

So before I got in the shower today, I saw that my beloved cat Purrkins was asleep on the floor. I had just taken some clothes out of the dryer and didn't have time to put them away.  I naively, but carefully layered each piece on the back of a rocking chair in our bedroom knowing that I would hang or fold everything up once I was done.

Fast forward 15 minutes.

I walk through our room, post-shower and see that Purrkins had pulled my clothes down from the back of the chair to the seat of the chair and made herself a very cozy bed.  It seems impossible, but I assure you that given Purrkins' resume, she did this.  She has never been a feline interested with cat nip.  No, her drug of choice is warm clothes.  The temptation was more than she could handle.













It's hard to admit that my cat is smarter than I am.  I think she was jealous of the bed I created in our bathtub for the canines and myself last night once we heard tornado sirens.  Purrkins wanted nothing to do with our Tornado-hut, but the dogs loved it.  










Maybe I should switch to baths, it seems that my animals keep sabotaging me when I take a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment